Sunday, October 29, 2006

Tomato Sauce and Bull Riding

Yesterday my husband and I went to the county fair. I was disappointed with how little there was going on there. I wanted the $10 back that we paid to get in. We were able to leave and then come back later since they stamped our hand. We went and looked around then left for a little while until it was time for the bull riding at 7:30.

I needed to go to the hardware store for something and on the way there we saw on the road about 5 cans of Hunt's Tomato Sauce. I told Frankie, jokingly to stop and I would pick them up to take home. He did stop right at one and told me to open the car door, reach out and get it. I did....it was so funny. My short little arms could barely reach it. I had to even unbuckle to get it. I grabbed it and shut the door. The rest of them were behind us on the other side of the road. Frankie was willing to go back, but I said no that it was ok. So we have one perfectly good can of tomato sauce...I think I might make some kind of soup.

After we were done at the hardware store we headed back to the fair to watch the bull riding. There were a lot of people in the stands, which is great! I at least had a long sleeve shirt on thank goodness because it got rather chilly. We called the local weather information center and they said it was 60 degrees. A bit chilly when you are just sitting. The bull riding started off a little slow with only a couple of guys riding the whole 8 seconds. Then it picked up and thank goodness only one guy got hurt when he couldn't get his foot out of the stirrup. That was so scary. I am not sure, but I think he might have hit his head on the fence part as the bull drug him around the arena. He didn't break anything because later we saw him limping around.

The best ride was the last ride and it was also the guy who won the contest. He aslo had drawn the bull to ride that if he was able to stay on for the entire 8 seconds he would win extra money. I don't know the guy but I was very excited for him. I know those guys can have a really rough life going from rodeo to rodeo, paying out the entry fee to get bucked off after a minute ride. All the time and money invested down the drain. So it was good to see him get the extra money. So the bull riding got exciting and the rodeo clowns are always a riot despite the fact that they have a very serious job. I guess he fair was worth the money after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment