Sunday, April 1, 2007

97% Spam

At work we were getting tons and tons of spam. Finally technology bit the bullet and bought this expensive software that filters it. After 1 week 1 million pieces of incoming mail were scanned and it turned out that 970,000 (give or take) pieces were spam!

We all knew the problem was bad, but we had no idea it was 97% bad! Now of course none of us get any real email so it makes the day go by slower, but at least I don't have to stop and wonder anymore if I need to drop ten pounds by this weekend, be able to go all night, buy any kinds of medications at a discount price or get certain body parts that I don't even have enlarged. I was starting to suffer from low self esteem although the medication ones did make me pause before hitting the delete key!

No comments:

Post a Comment