Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Cat IS Smater Than Your Honor Student

I am sure that you really want to know this about my cat,but it is rather interesting. Of course, the cat I am talking about is Pan, who else. When we first got him I had been looking into how to teach him to use the toilet. We had a cat before and changing the litter was just gross and it always smelled, so I didn't want to go through that again. I found a website online that showed me how to do it and we have two bathrooms, so it sounded like a good deal.

So over time I did indeed teach Pan how to use the toilet. It was wonderful! Absoultely one of the better tricks I had taught any animal. Well, then Gypsy (our other cat) showed up and didn't go away (it didn't help that my husband started feeding her). So we brought her in and tried to teach her to use the toilet too.

I don't think she is as bright as Pan, she never caught on and I think we gave her a complex about using the litterbox, becuase now sometimes she doesn't. She goes outside often, so it works out.

We had brought the litterbox back because of her and then since she is sometimes indoors we just left it. Well recently I would go into the bathroom to clean the litterbox and (here is where it is probably too much information, but I don't know how else to put it) I would notice that the water in the toilet was yellow.

We hardly ever use that bathroom and of course if we do, we flush (although, sorry sweetie, I did think it was you a few times, it didn't dawn on me the real reason). So the only other conclusion we can come up with is that Pan is using the toilet again for his....umm...simple procedures...shall we say. I think this is awesome, because the nastiest and smelliest part of the whole litterbox is the....umm...simple procedures.

We didn't try to make him use it, he did it all on his own. He is such a smart cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment