Thursday, June 7, 2007

Moonlight Madness and Emergency Alarm Clocks

I love to shop at thrift stores. You can find so many different things there and of course the price is right. Yesterday one of the local thrift stores had a "Moonlight Madness Sale". If you are thinking, ok, the store was open late into the night, not quite. The sale was from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM...the sun hadn't even gone down yet. Maybe they should have called it "Early Evening Madness Sale", but I guess that really doesn't have the same ring to it.

The deal was you shop, then bring your purchases to the register and draw a slip of paper out of a bowl. That paper will have a percentage that you will get taken off of your total purchase, anywhere from 25 to 100%. So no mater what you were going to get at least 25% off.

My husband bought some books and reached into the bowl and pulled out a 25% slip. He said he had one in his hand and could see that it was only 25% so he discreetly dropped it back and picked a different one. Didn't do a whole lot of good for him though.

I bought a few items and reached into the bowl and pulled out a slip. I could see the 5, so I figured I had a 25% one too. I opened it up fully and there to my great surprise was 75%! What was originally going to cost me $4.00, I got for only ONE DOLLAR!

You, don't know how much I love a bargin. It is hereditary...my granddad on my dad's side will buy a can of food without a label because it is marked at 10 cents. He will shake it and say...well it is either dog food or chilli...let's hope for chilli! My grandma on my mom's side will see something marked down and will buy it, having absolutely no use for it, but justifies it by saying...well I can give it to so-and-so. So I got it coming from both sides!

TOPIC CHANGE

Yesterday I forgot to set my alarm, but our cat, Pan, was making noise about 15 minutes after what time it normally goes off (6:30 AM), so that luckily woke me up. Today I did set the alarm, but when it went off I stopped it and went back to sleep. I think I would have slept until 7:30 if my emergency alarm clock hadn't gone off. The clock ran and jumped on the bed and planted himself on my stomach. Nothing like an orange bomb in the gut to wake you up. I have said it before, but I really do think that Pan has an internal clock or maybe he can tell time!

No comments:

Post a Comment