Thursday, November 15, 2007

33,333%

This morning I was looking at the back of a bottle of B12 pills and read something there that I found very very strange.

It said that the Percent Daily Value (which is a reference number developed by the FDA to help consumers determine if a food has a little or a lot of a certain nutrient in it with 5% or less being low and 20% or more being high) of B12 in one B12 tablet was 33,333%!!!

33,333%!!

I thought I had misread it! I am aware that if your body is not absorbing enough B12 then a supplement should probably have more than needed in it so that you can get enough....but really, 33,333%??

I am sure the companies that produce this know what they are doing, but that number just blew me away.

Che pazzo! (That's crazy!)

As a side note in reality that percent was probably 33,333 and 1/3%. You just don't get that many three's without it having been a repeating decimal. Sorry, I just couldn't let it slide....the company is trying pulling not one but 1/3 over on those Americans who are mathphobic! j/k

No comments:

Post a Comment