Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Texas Primaries

Before I start...

This is not a political blog. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. I don't want to argue or discuss politics. Please remember this. Thank you for your attention. Now on to the program.

I voted in the Texas primaries yesterday. Look at me using my rights as an American. Yeah me! Here are the Republican results as reported by CNN:


Notice how many votes Huckabee received. Notice that it ends in 1...that was me! That was my vote. Had I voted for anyone else that would have been a zero. Hehehe! I am giddy with delight to see my vote and to know that everyone in the world can see MY vote as well. (Hold your tounge...) I realize it was a lost cause, but he matched best with my beliefs. Unfortunately, there is not one candidate who I agree with 100%.

Before I went into the community building to vote, I saw a poster board taped to the side of the building with these words on it:

LOWER RAMP ON OTHER SIDE OF BUILDING

I promise English is my mother tongue, but I take things at face value. This sign threw me for a loop. My first thoughts were that it was telling me to use the lower ramp on the other side of the building. I realize that the word use was not there, but I figured who ever wrote it thought that it would be understood. So I started to go to the other side of the building, but then I stopped. I had never had to use any other door before to get into this building. I stood there for a second trying to decide what to do. I was the only one there at the time so there was no one to watch or ask.

Then I thought that maybe the sign was telling the people who rent the building for various functions that when they were done to be sure to lower the ramp on the other side of the building. So the word "you" was implied, but couldn't apply to me since I was just going there to vote. I realize now the illogical of that...but I got throw off in the beginning and was just trying to think of all possibilities.

I decided to go up the ramp in front of me to the door that I normally use to see if it was locked. If it was then I would know to go to the lower ramp on the other side of the building. The door was opened and I went in and voted. After I left I called my husband and told him about the sign. He just sighs/laughs at me and tells me what the sign meant. For those of you who, like me (and I am hoping there is at least one other), need it deciphered, it meant that there was a lower ramp on the other side of the building if you so needed it as the one on this side of the building was rather steep. Maybe too much to put on a poster, but it would have been very clear!

So, why would I tell you of my stupidity with a simple sign (and I know some of you may be thinking, in your opinion, of the stupidity of my vote [Ha! Beat you to it!])? The way I figure it is that if I can't laugh at myself then I am going to go through life being bitter and I want to avoid that. Plus, if I can make you smile then you get some relief from stress, even if it is just a small amount.

I help me, help you!

One more thing....this just came through my inbox: (be opened minded and see the humor!)

Dear Abby:

I am a crack dealer in Beaumont, Texas, who has recently been diagnosed as a carrier of HIV virus. My parents live in Fort Worth . One of my sisters lives in Pflugerville and is married to a transvestite.

My father and mother have recently been arrest ed for growing and selling marijuana. They are financially dependent on my other two sisters, who are prostitutes in Dallas .

I have two brothers: one is currently serving a non-parole life sentence at Huntsville for the murder of a teenage boy in 1994. My other brother is currently in jail awaiting charges of sexual misconduct with his three children.

I have recently become engaged to marry a former prostitute who lives in Longview She is a part-time "working girl."

All things considered, my problem is this: I love my fiance and look forward to bringing her into the family. I certainly want to be totally open and honest with her.

Should I tell her about my cousin who supports Hillary Clinton for President?

Signed,
Worried About My Reputation

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment