Thursday, May 1, 2008

Questionable Answer

I was tutoring a 9th grader yesterday in Algebra and he was working on a puzzle worksheet. The worksheet came from a book filled with puzzles that ask a joke and then the student has to solve math problems to find the answer. Usually the punch lines are VERY corny, which makes me giggle and the students groan. (I know I am a nerd...I can't help it.)

I looked at the question on this puzzle and then the answer. I was a little surprised by the answer. I don't know if this was really a very appropriate joke to put in a clean-cut corny math puzzle book.


This puzzle question was: "Why did Gyro go into a bakery?"


The solution and punch line was: "Just for the smell of it."


Am I just being too uptight? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment