Friday, May 9, 2008

The United States Postal Service

I read many blogs written by Americans living in Italy and through them I have heard many bad things about the Italian Postal Service. Most of the complaints are about packages being very delayed, and there are even complaints of packages being opened with food that was sent missing. I am grateful for the United States Postal Service being fairly reliable.


So it really cracked me up yesterday when my husband received a card in the mail. It was originally posted marked back in March! Here is the envelope with the explanation to the delay. I have never seen this stamp before, but since they have a stamp then this must happen more than I think. Absolutely priceless!



2 comments:

  1. Hello, Jeniffer!
    I loved this post and this blog.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the US postal system actually explains why the letter is late- bless their souls!

    ReplyDelete