Friday, July 11, 2008

Changes

There have been many changes going on in my life. I haven't been able to say anything about them until now. First of all, Frankie got a teaching job! Hooray! He will be THE special education teacher for Jr. High and High school at a very small school district west of San Antonio.

Second piece of news, this same school district had a secondary math opening for which I applied and got. So I am going back to teaching after a 4.5 year break from it. I will be one of two math teachers for the Jr. High and High school. I will be teaching....Are you ready for this?...7th grade math, 8th grade pre-algebra, 9th/10th grade geometry, and calculus. I am tired and it hasn't even started yet. :)

I have been breaking to the news to the people I work with and so far have only gotten called a jerk, a turkey, and a traitor. Things are looking up! :)

Frankie and I are trying to figure out how we can move. Houses and land in this area are expensive and we are short on money. We can commute since it is an hour one way but that is not the most ideal situation. I am sure something will work out and therefore I am choosing to NOT worry about it.

So this brings me to my third and final piece of news for today. We bought a new car! Our old car had almost 180,000 miles on it and since we knew we would be commuting for a little while at lease, a new car seemed like a good move. This way we will not end up broken down somewhere between home and school in the middle of nowhere (literally) like we would have when the other car decided to give up the ghost, so to speak. Here is a picture (taken at one of our favorite places) of our new 2007 Pontiac Vibe - Benjamin.

Hello, Benjamin! You are mommy's cute little sports wagon aren't you?
Yes you are! You are a pretty boy! Yes you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment