Saturday, January 17, 2009

I Stole Cheese

If you have know me any amount of time, you know that I LOVE cheese. Plain, in sandwiches, melted on casseroles, I will take it any way I can get it.

(I would like to make a side note here that processed American cheese is not REAL cheese I don't care what the can, jar, box, or outer wrapping may say.)

One of my favorite cheeses is the Italian classic, Parmigiano-Reggiano. (We call it Parmesan in America.) I even have a ring tone on my phone dedicated to it.

So, when Frankie and I went to Double Dave's Pizzawork today, there was not much I could do to control myself. I was checking out the offerings on the pizza buffet when Frankie called me over to him. And there on the salad buffet, in all its glory, was a container of beautiful, lovely, makes-me-loose-control, shredded Parmesan cheese.

I first put a small amount on my plate to taste it to check for it authenticity. It was the real deal! So then, I loaded up and made it sure it covered every square inch of the pieces of pizza I had on my plate. It is so expensive in the store that when I get the chance to eat it, I tend to go overboard. *sheepish grin*

Now comes the confession...

I stole Parmesan cheese from Double Dave's!

It is buffet when you are done you are done....you don't get to take any with you!

But I did... shhhhhhh.....

They had small containers. I took one. I put cheese in it. I wrapped it in paper napkins. I put it in my purse. We walked out.

OH THE SHAME!!!

Ok not really, I was pretty excited to get to take some with me despite the embarrassment it brought to my husband. And later when I get to use that beautiful Parmesan to enhance a dish, it will be wonderful! I would steal it again given the chance...so there!

Do you think God will forgive me? I hope so because I know that there will be cheese in Heaven and I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment