Thursday, March 12, 2009

Frankie's Adventure in Eatingland

For supper we decided to go to our favorite Mexican food restaurant, Taqueria del Rodeo #4. They have the best carne asada we have ever had. In fact, it is so good that is usually what we get in some form or another. Frankie normally gets the nachos with asada and I get two asada tacos.

Today, we both decided that we wanted to branch out and try something new. I went with the mini asada taquitos with cilantro in corn tortillas.

Mini Taquitos

mmmmmmm.......

Frankie was VERY adventurous and ordered three different tacos: asada, lengua, and chicharrĂ³n. Asada was not the adventure. I don't know what he was thinking with the other two though.

ChicharrĂ³n is also know as pork skins or cracklings, but this was the unfried version. That alone would have kept me from ordering it, but not Frankie. He took a tentative bite and that was the only bite he took. It looked like a piece of fat wrapped in a tortilla with some type of tomato sauce on it. I didn't take a picture, it was gross to look at though.

We both have had lengua (which is cow tongue) in the past, but this one was not shredded or hidden under cheese. It was just out there taste buds and all. It was all either of us could do to continue eating after seeing it.

Lengua Tacos

I tried to keep my comments to myself so that they wouldn't keep him from at least trying the taco. He tried it but once he told me he wasn't going to eat it, I told him that all I kept thinking was, "I wonder if the cow could taste him as he tasted it?"

So then he started in by saying, "I would have been French kissing a cow if I had eaten it!" We were both glad that it was at least cut up a little. If it had been just a whole tongue wrapped in a tortilla, neither one of us would have been able to eat anything! Frankie was a little mad at himself for spending the money on food he didn't eat, but I told him that it was money well spend if he learned not to be so adventurous in the future. His name is Frankie not Andrew Zimmerman after all! ;p


No comments:

Post a Comment