Friday, March 20, 2009

Gadget Love

We bought a new gadget and I have to admit that it was instant love at first tinker. We bought a GPS navigation system. It is the coolest thing I have ever had. It gives more than directions. Let me tell you what!

It shows the speed the car is going. Now I don't have to lean over to see if my husband is speeding!

It shows elevation. Where we live is just under 900 feet above sea level. Who knew!?

It shows direction of course, but now when my husband asked, "Which way is Mexico?" I can now point in the right direction, and yes he ask me that often because he is amazed at how often I get it wrong.

It shows what road we are on and between what two side streets so that if we need to call a tow truck or something like that we can tell them EXACTLY where we are.

It shows nearby attractions. Even something as simple as gas stations. You can touch on the gas station symbol and it will even tell you which gas station it is and an address and phone number!!

It tells you when a turn is coming and gives a little warning bell right before you get there. If you miss the turn it will recalculate the route to get you back to where you need to be. Frankie needs this feature!!

It is truly an awesome gadget and now I must give it a name. All things loved should have a name. Any suggestions? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment