Sunday, March 8, 2009

I Heard Spring Arriving

Today is a lovely Lord's day.

There is promise of much needed rain for our parched part of the earth. I haven't seen rain since....well...I know it hasn't rained since we started school in August (at least not anything worth counting) and I can't recall much before that either. We are all praying for rain in south Texas. Right now it is bright and sunny then a cloud will pass over to provide relief from the heat. There are clouds today, but even they have been scarce. The temperature is already trying to reach 90 degrees this early in the year. *Bring it on summer! We can take your heat!*

Even with the drought we are having, spring is popping up all around. I decided to go outside and take some pictures. While I was out near the trees I could hear this popping/crackling noise. I was perfectly still and there was only the slightest of breezes. I could have sworn it was light raindrops falling on the dead leaves on the ground. But that wasn't it. I didn't see anything. I kept listening and it continued. There were no birds around, nothing.

Just this noise...

I have concluded in my scientific opinion...because after all....I have a Bachelor of Science degree...*: p*...that it must have been spring arriving. The buds trying to break out from the branch, the bugs hatching to fly their first flights, the grasses searching for any hint of water so they can push through the dirt....these are the sounds I heard today.

Welcome Spring! You weren't gone very long in these parts, but we welcome you back all the same.

Here are a few spring pictures for your enjoyment. (I know the last one is just weeds, but when there is a drought, you take what you can get.) :)

Empty Nest

Spring 2009

First Flowers 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment