Monday, June 8, 2009

Nieces and Nephew

This is why we even go to Connecticut and if they lived somewhere else we would go there. We would go anywhere to see them.

Nieces and Nephew

Airyel (8 months), Me, Mahalah (6 yrs old), Frankie, Jonathan (4 yrs old), and Abby (7 yrs old)

Oh yeah, and their parents, but when you have four little people that cute to see, it makes all others pale in comparison. (Keith and Melissa, you know we love you too and come to see you as well!)

I would like to tell you about our nieces and nephew.

Every time we get to see our nieces and nephew we are amazed at how much they have grown and just how much fun they are to be around. This was our first time to meet little Airyel and she is just a gem. She loves the water! Warm bath, cold lake....doesn't matter she is happy! She has got to be one of the happiest babies I have ever met. Here is video proof and this was how she was pretty much the whole time we were there!

Jonathan has got to be one of the cutest little boys I have ever met and I don't say that just because I am his aunt either. Keith, his dad, says that all the time people are stopping them to comment on how cute Jon is. Take a look at this little guy:

Jonathan - age 4

He is a silly boy too. He would be doing something and I would take a picture. If he knew I took it, he would run over and say, "Let me see!"

He would then proceed to put both his hands on the camera over mine and tilt the camera this way and that way. He would move his head up and down to get a good look and the whole time his glasses would be at the end of his nose. It was just like an old man! There were times when I guess I didn't take enough pictures for his liking because he would tell me, "Take my picture!" and then he would pose with some toy. Too cute! He wants to be a fireman or a policeman when he grows up.

Mahalah is the quietest of the four kids. She is a very kind and compassionate child. She wants to be a chef when she grows up and LOVES to watch the cooking shows. She was telling me that she was going to become a chef at Friendly's (New England version of Denny's). I told her she could open a branch in Texas (They have free ice cream days...so yeah open a branch here!) and we could see her more often. She liked that idea but was worried she wouldn't get to see Mommy and Daddy. I told her she could go back and forth. She was ok with that. I would so totally eat the food that she makes...just look at her...you know it would be good!

Mahalah age 6

Abigail is the oldest and acts like the oldest. She is the boss, the leader, el jefe. It just makes it all the more entertaining to watch her in action with the others. She is very good with the baby. In fact, they are all so sweet to Airyel. Jon was constantly giving her kisses then he would run off and play. Abby likes to hold the baby and really knows how to make that girl laugh! She is starting to read and can spell words that I still have trouble with. (Beautiful...anyone?) The secret language of adult spell is soon going to have to become extinct in that house.

At the mall in one of the stores, Abby saw a mannequin and decided she needed to pose too. It made us laugh so then she continued doing it. I, of course, had my camera with me.

Abby - age 7

Notice how she even has the hollow cheeked look! Where do they learn these things!?!

She wants to race horses when she grows up. She is a horse fanatic! When she was younger she would say that her daddy was a big white horse and everyone else was just a brown horse. She claims she doesn't remember that though.

On one of the days we were there we all piled into the van...all eight of us...and headed to Quassy Amusement Park. It was the promotional night of $20 for a car load! Sweet deal if you ask me. It has a small roller coaster and other carnival type rides. It was at Quassy that I discovered my oldest nieces and my nephew are insane. My little 7, 6 and 4 year old nieces and nephew don't just LOVE to ride the scariest rides, they like to ride them with hands up in the air!! I rode one with roller coaster with Mahalah and she screamed because she likes to, I screamed because I am apparently a big ole' chicken! You couldn't even hear her scream over me. It was sad. At the end of the ride I had to hoist her back up into a sitting position because she had slid down so far.

Quassy is a neat little amusement park. I rode the Tilt-a-Whirl six times in various combinations of kids and adults so that we could make it spin more. The best spinning was when it was me, Melissa, Abby, Mahalah, AND Jonathan! By closing time the kids were so wired! This was the best picture anyone could get of them. They are all so goofy! They of course crashed on the way home. : )

At Quassy Park CT

One last thing about the kids then I will move on to a different topic, but really if you have kept up with me this long it must not have been that bad.

Now that the kids are older, one of there favorite things to do is attack Uncle Frankie. Last time we went up there it was attacking him with pillows on the couch:

This time it was more just sitting on him, using him as a punching bag, etc. He takes the abuse and loves it no matter what his expression might say.

Attack of Uncle Frankie

He lets them go on for awhile and then comes the part they love...he gets them back.

Revenge of Uncle Frankie


Jon often kept threating to give Uncle Frankie a widget (Keith talk for spanking) if he didn't stop picking on them. Like he really wanted it to stop!

That is all for this episode of my travel diary. Next time I will tell you about Connecticut itself, and all it oddness. Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment