Monday, July 6, 2009

Dallas Holocaust Museum

Recently we traveled with friends to attend a Texas Rangers baseball game. The next day we visited the Dallas Holocaust Museum. I will never understand how events like that could happen. How one insane man rose to such power and how so many followed. I know this was not the first or the last, but I will never understand any of it. There were images there that I couldn't even glance at without being on the verge of tears.

I am going to let the pictures do most of the talking for me. There is no way I could do it justice.

Dallas Holocaust Museum

Clothes from Concentration Camps

These clothes were donated by a Jewish man who survived living in a concentration camp and afterward move to Dallas, Texas. The numbers in the background are a very small sample of the people who were killed by the Nazis during World War II and how the Nazis kept track of them.

Jewish Stars

I suggest clicking on the picture above to see the larger version so that you can read the notes that are with the stars. The next two pictures are headlines from American newspapers and from documents that a group of Americans wrote to stir up people to act to help the Jews in Europe.

Newspaper Headlines 1

Newspaper Headlines 2

And finally, I leave you with quotes that were on the walls in the theater room. There was a film showing survivors talking of their ordeal. It was very hard to watch, I can't even begin to believe that I understand what they went through. So let's us all remember these quotes and pray that these things don't happen anymore but if they do pray that we have the courage and the desire to stand up to it!

Quote 1

Quote 2

Quote 3

Quote 4

Quote 5

Quote 6

No comments:

Post a Comment