Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Cat Has Pica

Pica is a medical disorder characterized by an appetite for substances largely non-nutritive, according to Wikipedia. Examples include eating clay, coal, soil, feces, chalk, paper, soap, mucus, ash, gum, or in my cat's case string, thread, and hair.

He is OBSESSED with string, thread, and hair! He goes through the house looking for loose threads and he usually finds them on the couch or on the bed. I have woken up many times to him eating my hair!

Here is another case in point:

There was a hair on the couch. I picked it up to throw it away. Pan, the cat, saw this hair. He ran and jumped on the couch and instantly started batting at it to get it in his paws to put it in his mouth. He got too rambunctious and mutilated my face!

Pan Hurt Me
No, that is not a pimple! It my battle wounds!

Here a video to further prove the diagnosis of pica for my cat.

So, do you agree with me that my cat has pica??

There is definitely SOMETHING wrong with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment