Sunday, August 2, 2009

Priceless Memories

In my last blog I talked about cleaning a room in our house. There were things in there that I had not seen in almost a year. These two pictures show items that are very special to me that were in that room.

Several years ago my mom created this shadowbox for me. It is one of the most precious items I own. It contains memorabilia from World War I and II along with pictures. The top two pictures are my great grandfathers on my mother's side. They were both in World War I. I never got to meet them but I do think they look very dashing in their uniforms.

The picture in the bottom of the shadowbox is of my grandfather on my father's side. On August the 13th it will be one year since my grandfather passed away. It was good to see these and to remember him. There is small American flag bag in the bottom of the shadowbox. It was another thing that I found today when I cleaned the room and immediately opened the box to add it to the memories. It has three gun shells from the 21 gun salute from my granddad's funeral.

The picture below is contains my grandfather's dog tags. I have had them for several years and framed them with the flag. I love the way it looks and it makes me feel very patriotic every time I see it. With all these good feelings and memories maybe I should clean more often? :)


Do you have items that you love to look at because of the good feelings it brings? Please feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment