Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tornado Dream

I don't normally get up at 6 AM if I don't have to. I am soon going to have to since school starts back for the teachers on Thursday here. Which leads me to why I am up to begin with.

I had a bad dream. : ( It was about tornadoes. : ( I am scared of tornadoes. : (

I very rarely remember my dreams or that I even dreamed?...dreamt?...dreamed so I am going to document this one.

The dream started out with Frankie and I getting ready for work. Frankie was doing something weird with his hair, which he has buzzed to the scalp, so I can't even begin to explain or really remember what it was. Both of our dogs were in the house laying on dog beds and were acting normal. We were getting close to being late and were about to walk out the door.

I looked out the window and saw that it was very windy and that a storm was coming. Then I told Frankie that the storm was coming extremely quickly. That is when I saw the funnel cloud drop from the rest of the clouds.

There were only three houses in the vicinity and they were spread out from each other. There was ours, a neighbor to the right and a house diagonal from us both. We were at the corner of a large parcel of plowed farm land. The tornado had dropped from behind the diagonal house, which was a lovely yellow house. It went through the yellow house and twisted half of it with destruction then stayed in the same path heading towards the left.

It ran parallel to our house, but didn't really kick up any of the plowed field. Frankie told me to come away from the windows and into a more interior room, but both of us ended up peeking around the wall to watch out the window. Slowly and without realization we moved back into the room with the windows so we could watch.

As that one passed by us, another came down going the same direction but moved closer to our house. They were not going exactly straight and tended to weave slightly. At any moment the new tornado could have veered off and come straight towards our house. Then another one came down with the same pattern. Then another. Each one getting closer and closer to our house. None of them were going back up into the sky. Looking left I could see the first one still out there and behind it the second one and so on.

There were about four or five that I remember and the whole time Frankie and I stayed in the room with all the windows watching. I was praying out loud to God to please make them go away. Please let them go back up. Over and over I would repeat those phrases to God.

To me they seemed like soldiers dropping from a plane and moving on to where ever they had been directed. I don't know why I had that impression in my dream, but it is one thing I remember thinking. It was so scary.

Once the fourth or fifth one was on the ground that is when I woke up. The cat was curled up beside me and I was close to my husband, just like normal. But I had the tight burning sensation in my chest of fear. It was right before 6 AM. I laid there awhile calming down and decided that I might as well get up.

I put the dogs outside and looked at the sky. I do this all the time anyways. Wouldn't you know it looked a lot like the sky in my dream did right before the first tornado dropped. But there was a lack of wind so I knew I was safe.

What is a scary dream you have had? Comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment