Thursday, September 24, 2009

If It Weren't for My Husband

If it weren't for my husband I would probably never leave the house except to go to work, church, and Wal-mart (Can't forget Wal-mart!). I would either weight 400 pounds or 90 pounds, leaning towards 400 because let's face it, food is good. He loves to go and I am a homebody. When they said opposites attract they were looking right at us. I promise they had to be! :)

My husband has been keeping a secret from me since February. He told EVERYBODY else we know. And everybody else all the sudden could keep a secret!? In fact, all you reading this probably knew! I finally found out about it yesterday.

Frankie came into my classroom at lunch time yesterday and said, "I have something to tell you. I feel like I am about to throw up and my heart is about to burst."

Sometimes he takes too long to talk. It leaves me too much time to think. This was one of those slow conversations, so I was thinking he was going to tell me he had cheated on me. Why else would be so nervous and taking SO stinking long to tell me?

He finally spit it out. The previous day he bought plane tickets to and a hotel room in Rome, Italy for us for this Christmas! He was able to hold that from me for only a day. He really is not a good present holder-backer. He gets too excited and wants me to open them early. :)

My husband is making my dream of going to Italy true. I want to happy cry every time I think about it. If it weren't for my husband I probably would never have the nerve to follow my own dream.

Thank you Frankie for making Italy become a reality! I love you!


1 comment: