Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reminders Of Things To Come

It is getting closer and closer to our trip to Italy and it seems like everyday I see something that reminds me of the fact that I am really going.

I saw these posters at Quizno's.

Formaggio

Formaggio is cheese in Italian.

Pane

Pane is bread in Italian.

Let me tell you what, I had one of the Italiano Sammies and a Chicken Caesar Salad at Quizno's. It was one of the best fast food meals I have EVER had! I highly recommend it! The salad had shavings of REAL Parmigiano-Reggiano and pieces of flatbread to go along with it. The flatbread sandwich had basil pesto and thinly sliced meats, including ham, salami, and capicola (Italian pork cold cuts). Oh wow, it was good!

I saw these at Wal-mart.

Italian Flag

I almost bought these, but I resisted the temptation of impulse buying. They are sooo cute though!

For some reason Chapter 6 that I taught most recently in the Geometry book had three reminders!

leonardos pizza sign geometry

I left the whole problem, just in case you were interested. I know how some people are secret math lovers! :)

leaning tower of pisa geometry

The kids keep telling me to take a picture of the Leaning Tower of Pisa and I keep telling them I am not going to Pisa, but to Rome! :)


italian flag geometry

We actually skipped this lesson and I just happened to see this problem when flipping through the book.

Then there are the items I see everyday in my house.

Cafe Latte

The container we had been hoarding money in to go to Italy for several years now. Don't get too excited it is empty now!

Pasta

My plan when in Italy: To eat lots and lots of pasta!

As of today: December 6, 2009 there are only 2 more weeks until we are in Italy. I am so excited. Stay tuned for our return and about 2,197 pictures of our trip. Give or take a few. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment