Monday, June 21, 2010

Texas T-shirt Sash Recon

I finally got around to reconstruction a t-shirt I found at a thrift store. I love the way it turned out!

tx tshirt recon

I cut the neckband off, shorten the sleeves by just cutting off some material, and hand sewed on the sash to the bottom created from an old t-shirt.

Working with t-shirt material is so easy! It doesn't unravel, so there is no need to hem every raw edge. Hand sewing took a little longer than using the machine but it worked out easier since I didn't have to worry about the stretch of the fabric and pulling too hard with the machine.

Here is a close-up of the hand stitching. I think I did pretty good for my first time!

t-shirt recon stiches

The entire shirt was done in one evening and I used instructions from a book called Generation T, also found in a thrift store! It was fun and I am ready to try something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment