Monday, September 6, 2010

A True "Only In Texas" Moment

Frankie and I were driving through Bandera, Texas on our way to look for books (our favorite pastime) and right before getting into town we had to come to a complete stop because there was a police car stopped in the road. We were not sure why until this truck pulling a horse trailer pulled out of the way and this is what we saw.

longhorn crossing1

Texas longhorns! Real ones, not the college. :) Every year during Labor Day weekend Bandera has a huge celebration of their cowboy heritage and these guy are a main feature. You can check out all the events here. I have been told that people from all over, including Europe, come to this every year. I have lived near Bandera for almost ten years and this is the first I have heard of it.

Note to self: Quit putting off getting that subscription to the local paper, you are missing out, for crying out loud!

It was really cool to see the reenactment of the cattle drive. Here are some more pictures of the event. I wish we had had a better viewing point, but I will take what I can get! If you want to see any of them bigger just click on them and you will be taken to my Flickr account. Last shot is my favorite! Enjoy!


longhorn crossing2

longhorn crossing3

longhorn crossing4

longhorn crossing5

No comments:

Post a Comment