Sunday, March 6, 2011

Word Scramble


I mix words all the time, just ask my students!

Every time I talk about probability with my classes the topic of spinners comes up.

I talk about spinning the spinners, but for the life of me when I talk about a spinner being spun it comes out like this:

"You have spun the spunner, what is the probability of..."

Spunner!? I don't even realize I do it! The kids catch me every time and think it is hilarious. I do find it funny too.

Today at church this passage was read: Philippians 2:3

"Don't do anything only to get ahead. Don't do it because you are proud. Instead, be free of pride. Think of others as better than yourselves."

Think of other as better than yourselves....

I think too many people have mixed the words on this one. We see it more like this, "Think of yourself as better than others."

This is one area where I really need to not get the words mixed up. I do tend to be guilty of this, but I have prayed that God will help me to realize when I am doing it and to help me be more humble.

So, no more spunners being spun and no more thinking of myself as better than others!

No more word scrambles unless I am playing Boggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment