Sunday, December 4, 2011

South Congress-Austin, Texas

Frankie and I took a weekend trip recently to Austin to see the sights on South Congress Avenue.  We have been wanting to do that for some time now, but every time we talked about it, it was 100 plus degrees outside and just plain miserable.  It was still 80 something in the middle of November, but that is okay, we are used to it.

I would like to share some of the sights along South Congress.  It is a very interesting place!


Uncommon Objects

Grafitti on building

Spray Paint Grafiitti

Backwards Parking Spots

Food Trailer

Lucy in Disguise with Diamonds

Skeleton Band

Turquoise Door

Turquoise Door

Turquoise Door

Horse on South Congress in Austin

Tesoros Trading Company Art

Bacon Candy Canes

Smoking Monkey

And finally, my personal favorite.  Look at all that cheese!!

Farmer's Market Grocery Store

3 comments:

  1. I love Austin! I've never taken the time to go in the stores on South Congress but I know exactly where you were! The cupcake trailer is across the street from the yarn store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never fail me Jennifer!! I was expecting to see, the state capital, governors mansion, the bell tower at UT, & maybe some big library or museum! What do I see first...a huge rabbit, followed by monster cupcakes, 60's colored skeletons, graffiti, AND CHEESE!!! You are so funny my wonderful friend!! Loved it!
    PS...does all that spell Texas??!!! Lol. Patte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!!! I forgot to mention, my favorite,
    BACON-FLAVORED CANDY CANES!! YAAAAY!!

    ReplyDelete