Monday, April 2, 2012

I Saw That On Pintrest

I love Pinterest! It contains so many fantastic ideas and things.  I see ideas on there that I could have never imagined on my own.  At this writing I have over 250 pictures pinned.  I decided that instead of just pinning them that I would take action make something I had pinned.

I have currently done three projects.  I linked the directions in the title of the project, if you are interested.

Project 1 - Dried Strawberries

I didn't take any pictures through this project, but I can tell you that it was very very easy.  I was leery of putting salt and pepper on my strawberries, but it only enhanced all the flavor!  Once done, the strawberries were sweeter than ever and are just wonderful!  Mine were not completely dried out and I probably should have left them in the oven longer but they were soooo good I couldn't wait.  The oven was set at such a low temperature that I was able to sneak taste test throughout the process without burning my fingers.  I would highly recommend this project if you like strawberries!

Project 2 - Tie Necklace

You take a tie you like, fold it up, tack it down, add a button and, viola!  A tie necklace!  I have gotten many compliments on this one and made a few for others.  They are simple to make but a little time consuming for the tacking part. I like that there are so many variations on this project.  Just changing the button changes the whole look.  It is a fun project and it gives new life to an item that might just be sitting around the house or one that can be found for a very reasonable price at a thrift store.  (Sorry for the blurry picture, but that is as good as it is getting at this point.)

tie necklace

Project 3- T-shirt to Vest

This one took longer to figure out how to put it on than it did to make it!  I started with a t-shirt that I had bought at a thrift store. I  loved the colors and the pattern but it was too big.  I had plans to cut it down to fit, but it just kept sitting there collect dust cat hair.  So, plan B for the shirt was a vest. (Plan B was decided when I walked in the room looking for a shirt to use for this project.)

t-shirt turned vest

You literally cut the neckline and sleeves off, and then cut up the sides.  That is it.  No sewing, no pattern, and no measuring.  The place where the head use to go now becomes the place where both arms go. It is hard to explain but not quite as hard to figure out once you put it on a few times.  Here is a shot of the front and the back.

t-shirt turned vest front
Front- In case you needed more help on that.
And oh mercy, I just noticed how wrinkled my white shirt is.  Sigh...
t-shirt turned vest back
Back-Again, in case you need help.
I am very happy with myself that I have done something and not just ohhhed and awhhhed and drooled over some of those fabulous projects and pictures on Pintrest!  What is next on my list?  Hmmmm.....let me go see what I can find!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment